Public Works

Public Works Violations

The most common violations are abandoned/inoperable vehicles, overgrowth, trash and debris, and open storage. The Town can clean and clear vacant lots after the required legal notification is made to the owner. The Town will assess the actual cost/expense plus an administrative fee against the property imposing a special assessment lien.

Code Requirements

Town staff can attend neighborhood association meetings to review and explain code requirements. If you would like staff to attend one of your meetings, please contact Code Enforcement at 301-336-0626 Ex "110".

Public Works Permits & Licenses

  • Building, roofing, plumbing, mechanical, gas, and electrical repairs/alterations require a permit. Contact the Town at 301-336-0626 Ex "110" for more information.
  • Any business located within the Town limits is required to obtain a Town license. Contact the Town Hall at 301-336-0626 for more information.
  • All Rental properties must be licensed. Town Ordinance 2012-003 regulates rental properties, for details view the document, Ordinance 2012-003 Rental Licenses (PDF). Owners must obtain and Town and County license.

Garbage & Recycling

Jeda Trucking & Trash Removal is the Town's contractor for garbage and bulk trash pick up. Trash days are Tuesdays and Fridays. Bulk trash days are Wednesdays. ALL BULK TRASH PICK-UPS MUST BE SCHEDULED. To schedule a bulk trash pick-up, call 240-604-6077. For more information, visit Jeda Trucking & Trash Removal Website.

Various Issues & Problems

  • Potholes and other problems on County streets:
    • Call Prince George’s Department of Public Works and Transportation at 301-499-8500
  • Water main breaks, potholes from water main break repairs, water problems:
    • Call WSSC (water main breaks, repairs, etc.) at 301-206-4002
  • Problems with gas service or possible gas leaks (call 911 for gas emergencies):
    • Call Washington Gas (all calls) at 703-750-1000
  • Power outages, power lines down, problems with trees near power lines:
    • Call PEPCO (lines down, etc.) at 202-872-3432
    • Call PEPCO (power outages) at 877-737-2662

Community Contacts & Resources

  • Comcast: 301-731-4260
  • Verizon Telephone (repair): 800-275-2355
  • Illegal Dumping, Call the Community Services Division (of the Prince George's County Police Department): 301-772-4770

London Woods HOA Community

  • Day Time Number (360)-731-9324
  • Evening Time Number (470)-205-2224